Senior Project Manager at Foundation for support of reforms in Ukraine
Здається, ви трохи запізнились
Скоріше за все, ця вакансія закрита, бо вже зробила чиїсь понеділки щасливими. Але не засмучуйтесь - у нас є що вам запропонувати! Подивіться інші відкриті можливості на сайті:
Objective(s) and linkages to Reforms
The Senior Project Manager (Category 1, SOEs Corporate Governance Reform Implementation in Gas and Electricity Transmission System Operators) will be a full-time consultant in the Reform Support Team at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (MoF).
The Reform Support Team (RST) is a group of Ukrainian professionals (non-public servants) funded on a temporary basis by the donors that provides targeted technical support and assists the Ministry in the design and implementation of sectoral strategies and priority reforms.
Competencies of the RST include the following core capacities:
- Economic and legal analysis (preparation of reform proposals supported by evidence-based analysis, preparation of policy and legal drafts, regulatory impact assessment etc.), and
- Reform program planning, implementation and coordination (inc. performance indicators, progress reports, program management, monitoring and coordination, project proposals preparation etc.).
The RST was launched in October 2016. Currently the RST is helping the Ministry to implement six priority reforms: Development of the Public Finance Management Strategy; Public Administration Reform and Capacity Building in the Ministry of Finance; Tax Reform and Establishment of the New Finance Police Service; Customs Reform; Optimization of Social Security System; and Reform of State-Owned banks and Improvement of International Financial Cooperation process.
The Government has initiated a restructuring of gas and electricity markets with the commitment of unbundling the transmission system operators into an independent structure not only from the current shareholder but also from any impact of the gas or electricity producers and suppliers, in particular, through the state authorities.
The Ministry of Finance has been delegated the management authority over JSC “MAHISTRALNI GAZOPROVODY UKRAINY” and NPC Ukrenergo.
Successful implementation of the corporate reform will become the foundation for further fundamental transformations in the energy sector.
The position is linked to the SOE reform outlined in (1) the “Ukraine 2020” Strategy, (2) implementation of the Energy Community legislation in the field of energy and the commitments under the Association Agreement between the European Union and Ukraine.
The overall objective is to i) implement corporate governance reform in the strategic SOEs belonging to the management authority of the Ministry of Finance, in line with the OECD standards ii) monitor the implementation of strategic important sector reforms
The senior manager will be engaged in the implementation of the reforms action plans, as specified above, and specifically the capacity building in Ministry of Finance regarding the strategic SOEs management.
The Senior Project Manager will ensure the coordinated actions of Reform Team for the following reform focus areas in the MoF:
- Development of the SOEs` corporate governance action plans (incl. strategies development for the Operators), MoFs internal regulations, adoption of a new methodology, guidelines policies and procedures in subordinated SOEs and establishing or restructuring of the specific functions of the Ministry of Finance (incl. practice-oriented training package on the public policy cycle management);
- Internal processes optimization and standardization in MoF as the management authority (key business-processes’ review and optimization).
- Coordination and monitoring the unbundling process and follow up activities of Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine in line with the requirements of Ukrainian and European regulation and preparation for the certification of the TSO to start operation on 1.01.2020;
- Supervising and monitoring of the UKRENERGO’s integration into ENTSO-E progress.
All the tasks to be performed in the above-mentioned areas will be undertaken following best applicable corporate governance practices and international standards (in particular the OECD Principles of Corporate Governance and the OECD Guidelines on Corporate Governance for State-Owned Enterprises), Energy sector strategy till 2035 and taking into account the national best practices and the specificities of the local legal/institutional setting.
Duration and proposed timeframe
Duration of assignment is until December 31, 2019 with possibility for extension in 2020 subjected to MDA procedures and availability of funding. Starting date not later than November 1, 2019, including a 2-month probation period.
The Consultant shall deliver services in Ukraine and for no less than working 20 days per calendar month.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination and facilitation of reform implementation process
- Manage the collection, elaboration and submission of all relevant documents and materials (e.g. work plans, reports, analyses and proposals) needed for the activities of all relevant technical aid projects and expert missions;
- Design, preparation and coordination of implementation of strategical framework in devoted areas;
- Coordinate and facilitate relevant technical working group(s) to support business processes improvement (for business processes optimization) and introduction of proper corporate governance model;
- engagement of relevant stakeholders (experts, government officials, donors, state-owned banks etc.) to Reform Team activities;
- Resolve problems and obstacles encountered during implementation process, identifying and communicating important issues requiring decision of RST Director and/or Reform Council.
- Reform Teams (Working Groups) support
- Project management support (development of project/reform implementation plan, risk management, change management, etc.);
- organization of events, round tables, conferences and forums to engage stakeholders on key reform themes and policy proposals;
- Preparation of timely and quality reports and status updates on reform implementation progress.
Main anticipated deliverables
Development of effective working relationship between the MoF and SOEs: design of new cooperation processes between the MoF and SOEs, monitoring procedures, creation a monitoring system to control SOEs performance and progress toward their strategies and action plans implementation;
- Support of amendments in the Corporate Governance models and plans in SOEs: support the development of legislation to establish new corporate governance models, support the processes optimization, implementing monitoring and reporting lines with the stress on management efficiency;
- Build-up institutional capacity within the Ministry of Finance in managing the State’s interest in SOEs,
- Key business-processes’ in the MoF improved;
- Support and advocacy for the implementation of strategical framework and legislative initiatives at the CMU, Central Executive Bodies, Parliamentary Committees, IFIs and working groups;
- Regular progress reports on reform development and implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration. Master’s degree is an asset;
- Strong organizational management, communication and presentation skills;
- PC literacy (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word; Visio is an asset);
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
General professional experience:
- Preferably more than 10 years of general professional experience;
- 5 years of experience in project management, business administration, consulting in the energy sector or corporate governance.
Specific professional experience:
- Proven knowledge and professional experience in organizational development, change management, business processes reorganization and improvement;
- Familiarity with the reform agenda in Ukraine and good understanding of policy formulation process;
- Experience with government entities and their mandate and processes is an asset;
- Experience in leading multidisciplinary teams is an asset;
- Proven knowledge of Ukrainian public law and the legal and regulatory framework for SOEs in Ukraine;
- Proven knowledge of EU energy legal and regulatory framework.
The estimated monthly value of this consultancy position is in the region of EUR 1200 to EUR 1800. The funding source of this assignment is the [EBRD-Ukraine Stabilization and Sustainable Growth Multi-Donor Account / the European Union]. Please note selection and contracting will be subject to the availability of funding.
Submissions must be prepared in English only and be delivered electronically by October 21, 2019 to the following address: [email protected]
All submissions must include a completed Application Form, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae and Reference Letter from a recent supervisor.
Only applications which have been submitted using the correct template and are completed will be considered.
Following the evaluation of all applications received, selected candidates will be invited to a brief written test covering both general and technical questions in both English and Ukrainian. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview.